Saturday, August 21, 2010

Progress

My second attempt at modern art. Better. I think. I put it here on my nightstand to get a sense for whether I'd really like something like this in my bedroom on a larger scale (and hung on the wall). Then I realized the canvas happily hides my telephone/answering machine system behind it. I'm always looking for ways to hide electronics and their mangly cords. So it might stay. Maybe.


In the end I'd like to do something like this (by Mallory Page) or this (Kim Coulter). It's funny, I'm not really very fond of modern artwork. But one or two pieces, for fun? Why not?

8 comments:

Charlotte (Waltzing Matilda) said...

Ooooooh! I love that little one and would gladly have you paint a larger one for me. It's so calm and soothing. Your first attempt was a little more bold in color and this one seems more subtle. If you get a chance, could you share how you did it?

Alicia said...

Wow - that is lovely. I actually thought the whole photograph was the art you were refering to, for a moment. The coral in front of it is the perfect complement. I vote for keeping the end table exactly as it is.

Elisa said...

It's VERY pretty!! I think it's harder than it looks. I tried making my own art...still hasn't been display or blog worthy ;)

Mary said...

I love the color. So peaceful. My father was a "weekend artist" as he called it. I am blessed to have some of his paintings in my home. You are one very talented woman. Keep exploring your artistic side and sharing it with us. Just fabulous.

Megan said...

Very pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

I really like this one! It's very pretty and I, too, vote for keeping the end table exactly as it is! I'd have that for my own room if I could find some similar art pieces... Congratulations, very well done!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I like it. Better than the first attempt, definitely. :) And yes, keep it on the end table - it looks just perfect there!

Jeannine said...

I like yours best of all. You have a knack for beauty.