2. I finally got around to posting a recipe at The Virtual Kitchen, the severely neglected food blog started by Suzanne and me back in 2007. Funny, neither of us had posted anything there since 2007. This is an easy and yummy dinner - go check it out!
3. Speaking of food, I'm still able to eat the meal above while on my dress diet. What's a "dress diet", you ask? Well, it's basically an incentive program I set up to lose the extra fifteen pounds I'd gained over the last year or so. My skirts were tight. I popped the button on my jeans six months ago and have been holding them up with a safety pin ever since. So, having not purchased a pretty dress in almost five years, I told myself....if I lose five pounds I get to buy a new dress. If I lose ten, I get to buy 2 dresses. So far I've lost seven pounds and bought myself dress #1, a retro-inspired number that makes me feel like Donna Reed!
4. I'm learning to knit while making my first scarf. Jenn sent me a link to this site, which has been extremely helpful! Knitting is fun, and it's very relaxing...
5. ....but I'm not sure I'll knit beyond this scarf. I'm finding myself interested in too many things. There's so much I wan to learn and do, which certainly makes life enjoyable, but in order to really get good at something I need to focus. And with the new school year starting up I'd like to put most of my time and energy into fun and lively, wonder-filled days for all of us, while honing down my personal interests to sewing almost exclusively.
6. Hopefully there won't be much time for sewing though. Should a baby enter our lives this year....
7. I had something else....but Madeleine's got the scissors!
Have a great weekend, and be sure to see Jen for more Quick Takes!