Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Breathing Again

The preparation around here is winding down. I'm glad. The last few weeks have been very busy. I thought I'd accomplished most of my Christmas preparation in November, giving me lots of time for a restful Advent, but it's clear now that my perception of what I'd accomplished was wrong. Truthfully I had begun much of the work early but didn't actually finish what I started - for example, all my cards were ordered early, but they came back printed wrong (we had orange faces). So I reordered (we still have orange faces, just lighter now), and just finished addressing them this past weekend. Then I lost a gift that was to be included in a box I'd planned to send in early December. I just found it yesterday, so to the post office I went this morning.

Today I really am quite at peace, not much more to do. We're spending Christmas day with the G Family, which is always tremendous fun. I think there will be over a hundred guests (all family). How do you feed such a crowd? So far there will be four hams, one turkey, one pork loin and one rib roast, lots of side dishes, salads, and a myriad of desserts. Lots of wine and champagne and drinks for the many, many kids. Everyone brings something. Or two or three somethings. It's going to be marvellous.

pincushion-ornament (my only handmade gift
this year. I made a lot of them.)


6 comments:

Teresa H. said...

Wow, those friends of yours sing beautifully! And more than 120 grand-children? Amazing. Have a very merry Christmas Kristen!

Michaela said...

Those ornaments are gorgeous..how did you make them?

Kristen Laurence said...

Teresa, yes they do sing beautifully! Merry Christmas to you.

Michaela, the pattern for the vintage strawberry pincushion can be found at Crabapple Hill. Of course any cute pincushion would work - Heather Bailey has some great ones that make adorable ornaments!

Martha said...

How wonderful to spend Christmas with the G Family! If you see this note please give them love and Christmas prayers from Kevin and Martha (TAC classes of '77 and '76) -- they'll know.

Martha

Kristen Laurence said...

I will, Martha! Any particular members you want me to pass that along to?

Martha Long said...

Thanks, Kristen. Mr. and Mrs. G especially and Stephen, Danny, Marya, Paula, Michele and families. But why stop there -- let's just say Everyone! Blessed Christmas to you as well. I love to read about your little girls and am praying for your adoption.