Friday, September 11, 2009

Productivity Week (Part 4) - The Shower Curtains

Last year I bought some pretty curtains for the girls' bathroom shower, but I never hemmed the panels (they're 90 inches). So for a year the hem has been held up with these....

...and the panels have been tied back with old, fraying scraps of fabric.

So I made some new tie-backs....

....and gave the bottom a 14-inch hem.


Sorry, the lighting is terrible in this bathroom, so it's hard to get a good photo.

So happy to check this off my to-do list! My husband will be too. :)

7 comments:

Charlotte (Matilda) said...

Gorgeous, Kristen! I LOVE the big bow tie backs! Unfortunately, my boys would protest and refuse to bathe (but then again... they already do that)! :)

Lois said...

I love those curtains! Are they made for the shower? They look more like bedroom drapes. Great job!

Kimberlee said...

Ooh! Pretty, pretty!

Kristen Laurence said...

Thanks Ladies!

Lois, you're right, they're not shower curtains. I've always liked the look of drapery panels in a bathroom. So that's what we do. There is a shower curtain behind on a separate rod to protect from water.

Incidentally, the curtains are called "Gianna". :)

Ellie said...

Good for you! That's just the sort of household task I leave hanging, too! (pun intended).

Mary said...

They look lovely...job well done Kristen.

Stacey said...

I LOVE the fabric, and the ties! A tutorial perhaps?
I have a bathroom to decorate so this helps with some ideas!!! Thank you!