...and I promised. Here are the Easter dresses. Or rather I should say "spring" dresses, since a last minute broken zipper prevented their use on Easter morning. What a relief that last year's frocks still fit!
And here the girls are wearing them!
I ended up pretty much writing my own patterns for both dresses, as the pre-fabricated patterns I started with weren't quite right. Overall they came out fairly close to what I originally had in mind. I placed the bow on the back of Madeleine's dress rather than the front (seemed less "foofy" to me), and got nervous enough when it came to Gianna's cap sleeve that I dropped the idea of a sleeve altogether. I think I'll try cap sleeves on some everyday clothes to get some practice.
Despite a few mistakes here and there, it was a lot of fun bringing an idea from my head to paper to reality, and the girls enjoy wearing them (though they'd like any crooked seam I'd sew for them. Oh, the benefits of being a mother!).