Thursday, March 26, 2009

Present and Lingering Lenten Focus

I need to pray more. We naturally become like those we spend the most time with, so the more time I spend with Him, the more I will become like Him.

I verbalized something recently that I shouldn't have, that called attention toward myself. Modesty is not only about dress. It is about not standing out. Not calling attention toward oneself. What I said wasn't offensive. It was immodest. For dress, modesty is the same - it can mean wearing something pretty and stylish so as to fit in, but neither overly beautiful nor so plain that it's dowdy. Either extreme calls unnecessary attention.

2 comments:

Karen E. said...

What a very simple, but simply beautiful reflection, Kristen.

Anonymous said...

Kristen,
I enjoy your lovely thoughts. I often think about what the Bible says about being quiet and living a quiet life so that we may win the respect of outsiders. I Thess. 4 I believe. I think about it a lot when I'm around the other mothers of little ones as I'm in the busy stage of little ones and love being at home. Mary B.