Thursday, March 19, 2009

Eat, Drink and Be Merry Today!!

It's a Solemnity!
~
Light of patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster father of the Son of God,
Watchful defender of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family....
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of workmen,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church....
Pray for us.
(from the Litany of St. Joseph)
~
~
Happy Feast of Saint Joseph, everyone!!
~

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Happy Feast of St. Joseph! I have enjoyed praying the novena you posted - thank you!

J.C. said...

Kristin,
Thank you for sharing your devotion to this great saint and reminding us about his feast day in advance. Unfortunately, I read your post late and decided instead to start the novena on his feast day. So this morning, I hurried over here before you deleted the special novena from your sidebar, and imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a novena that I say perpetually to St. Joseph. It's on a crumply slip of pink xeroxed paper I found on a church pew, undoubtedly someone trying to perpetuate others' devotion to St. Joseph out of gratitude for his favors, and it's one of the few prayers I say everyday. Hmmm...I was wondering about the "eat, drink and be merry" since my calendar has day of fast and partial abstinence on it still. Happy feastday to you and yours!

Theresa said...

Happy feast of St Joseph!

J.C. said...

Can anyone help? I am very confused. What does the new Code of Canon law say about feast days which fall during Lent? In the Old Code, this did not break the Lenten fast, but since there is not fast required by the new Code of Canon law, what happens?

Anonymous said...

Happy Feast of St. Joseph!
I seldom make novenas but I really enjoyed this one.