Monday, June 16, 2008

A Salad for All Seasons

This is my favorite salad to throw together at any time of year.


It's a simple combination of spring greens, diced apples, halved walnuts and crumbled Gorgonzola tossed in a yummy lemon dressing. For the dressing, combine until completely emulsified:

extra-virgin olive oil (2 Tbsps)
dijon mustard (1 tsp)
juice from half to one lemon
sugar (1/2 to 1 tsp)
salt and pepper

For one bag of spring greens, the quantities above are approximate. I just add the ingredients until I get a good balance between tart and sweet. I hope you enjoy it!


6 comments:

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Even better when the greens come from your salad-garden!! Thanks-- I will try it. My own salad dressing is similar--sans the Dijon, plus crushed garlic. Balsamic vinegar or lemon. A small spoon of sugar.

Kristen Laurence said...

Yum, Ana! How I would love to grow my own lettuces!

Mimi said...

Yum. That looks good.

Lettuce grows very easily.

Jennifer said...

My dressing is almost that exactly - love walnuts in a salad.

Ouiz said...

Sounds fantastic!

I will try your salad dressing this week!

Nina said...

Yum and I just read that walnuts actually help you sleep. I just blended a handful into a smoothie snack for my children. ;)