Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Walk Down Memory Lane, circa 1978

How cool is this? I was cleaning out a cabinet and found these - old newspaper clippings of little 5-year-old me in Montessori school. You know what I remember about Montessori in 1978, besides a most enjoyable education? The color tablets. I loved the color tablets!

I love the look of irritation at the photographer in the first picture.
Does anyone like to be photographed at that age?
~

Did you know the two young men who created Google attribute their success to having attended Montessori school? A neat bit of trivia.

10 comments:

Cheryl M. said...

First of all...I suddenly feel very old...as I was a junior in high school in 1978.

Second...I love five year olds in dresses and double buckle Mary Jane shoes! :)

Very sweet post, Kristen :)

Katherine in TX said...

This is really neat. Thanks for sharing. By the way, we're only one year apart...and I'm not telling who is older. ;)

Melissa said...

Very cute, Kristen!

ryan m. said...

Cute! Especially that look of irritation you mentioned. ;-)

Mimi said...

That's so cute!

You are a year younger than me, I think - I was born in '72

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing!! Love the dresses! Too cute!! I was an assistant teacher at a Montessori school for 2 years, it is actually how I met my husband!!

Irene said...

Hi, I just wanted to say I love your blog. I agree with so much that you say. Your daughters are beautiful. Funny, but your oldest looks just like mine from behind, in fact when I opened your blog today, my youngest said "Tina!"

Jane Ramsey said...

Sooo cute!

FloridaWife said...

You are so cute!!!!!!

Alice Gunther said...

Oh, what a fun thing to see!

You are adorable, of course!