Friday, August 3, 2007

On Love and Cold Coffee

As a young adult I found it rather disgusting that my parents would re-heat their cups of coffee several times in the microwave on a daily basis. To me, if it wasn't piping hot and fresh out of the pot, it simply was not worth it.

Now I not only warm up my favorite mug every morning (three times so far, today), I thoroughly enjoy it. And I understand that in all those years watching my parents sip on stale beverages, I was observing the sweet tasting of a mother and father's love for their children. Our needs always came before their good coffee! :)

8 comments:

Katherine in TX said...

So sweet and so true.

Lynn said...

Okay, I'm going to look at my morning re-heatings in a new light ;o) now.
God Bless!

Gombojav Tribe said...

Great perspective!!!

+JMJ+ said...

I second what Lynn said!

Your beautiful blog is like an oasis. The top photo is just exquiste. Really enjoy visiting often.

www.TotusTuusFamily.blogspot.com

Jane Ramsey said...

I third what Lynn said!

Kristen Laurence said...

+JMJ+, what a lovely comment. I do hope people can come here and find rest. Thank you!

Alice Gunther said...

What a beautiful observation!

nina said...

So sweet. Yes, I now reheat coffee as well but I do draw the line at drinking day old coffee. My dad would finish off a pot in the morning before making it fresh.

I have to agree with jmj as well. :)