Thursday, June 14, 2007

It Doesn't Take Much

Yesterday afternoon, folding the laundry with a whiny toddler at my feet, and not in a mood highly receptive to interruption, I hear:


"Mother, "
Me: Hold on, Gianna. I can't hear you with your sister whining.

"But....Mother,"
Me, voice increasing in volume: I'll be with you in a minute, Gianna.

"I have to tell you something, Mama. It's important."
Me, in a tone unpleasantly embarrassing: What, Gianna? What is it?

"Mama, sometimes......(long pause).....Cinderella's cat, Lucifer, makes me very angry."



Gianna hadn't been watching a movie - the silliness of it all was enough to change my mood for the rest of the afternoon!

Lesson of the day? Without a sense of humor and lightness, we mothers would be doomed for failure!

11 comments:

Suzanne Temple said...

How cute.

Beth said...

lol sweet girl :)

Charlie and Andrea said...

lol
I really can't help but actually laugh out loud...that sounds so familiar!
Sometimes I forget how little they are, and when I look at them, I can't help but just giggle...they are so precious and innocent.

Meredith said...

Kristen, I just love your blog, always makes me smile when I visit!! Sweet girl, Lucifer can get to MANY of us on any given day ;-) Blessings!

Cheryl M. said...

Very cute! and I'm with Gianna, as I never did care for that spoiled kitty either. :)

ryan m. said...

Yep. Whether it's at home or the office or elsewhere, a sense of humor is one of life's most underrated traits.

ryan m. said...

...which is one reason why spending time around children is good for you!

a thorn in the pew said...

Okay, that was classic kid talk I must say. What a great story!

Jeannine said...

Cute story! My 3-year-old daughter would have heartily agreed!

Julie said...

What a cute Gianna story... and sounds so familiar!

betty said...

Bless her little heart! She did indeed have something VERY important (to her!) to tell you!!!!

Yes, humor and light-heartedness does make life more enjoyable. A Good Lesson!