Friday, May 25, 2007

Garden Notes and Well Wishing

A reader kindly asked why I chose the particular flowers for our new garden spot in honor of Our Lady. I would love to say that a great deal of thought was invested in the choices made, but truthfully, our little spot was somewhat of a challenge. Our little corner gets very little sunlight, and absoulutely no direct sun - as the photographs show the light is filtered through grapevines and trees above for part of the day, and is entirely blocked for the remaining daylight hours. (I am taking a chance on the delphinium though, hoping Mary's grace will somehow further it's blooms without needed sunshine!) When I dug up the existing soil, which was in terrible condition and had to be entirely recomposed, I found shallow irrigation pipes which would make planting even more difficult. The only deep-soiled plant I could get in there was the hydrangea. So there you have it. Perhaps I will try adding a few more beautiful sun-lovers as time goes on.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! We have something special planned for the weekend in honor of our 10th wedding anniversary last month. I will be sure to share it with you on Monday. God bless you and your families!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Happy, happy Anniversary! Many Years to you and your dear hubby!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

I hate suspense...LOL!!!

Have a glorious, glorious weekend!