Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Trip to the Garden Shop

In an effort to bring a little spring glory into the garden for Easter, I thought I'd stop at our local garden center to peruse the current blooms. I love to bring new flowers home at this time of year. And what better time to visit the nursery than while my mother, an appreciator of all things botanical was with me.

But how does a young lady decide,
when these are her options?
It wasn't easy. We picked up some
happy Gerberas and planted them
in front of the house.

I wanted to begin a rose garden, especially for
the month of May. This lady's name is Moonstone.
Her shape is lovely. She is a beautiful shade
of soft porcelain pink, and each of her blooms
will produce more than 35 petals.


This is Gold Medal. She's a grandiflora,
and I thought she would add some rays of
sunshine to the garden.


This tall hybrid-tea named 'Bewitched' was the
first rosebush my mom and I noticed at the garden shop.

The size of her blooms can be seen better here
next to Gianna for the sake of perspective.


And here they are, getting better acquainted
as ladies are so often inclined. The bush in the center
is this one from last month. Hasn't she grown?


Now, the only thing my garden is still missing, is all of you lovely friends to come for a tea on the patio!

17 comments:

Matilda said...

I would love to be there! Your garden is gorgeous!

Angie said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Julie said...

What a beautiful flower garden!

Cheryl M. said...

Beautiful, Beautiful new rose bushes and gerberas!! I love them all!! Now what time do you want me to arrive??? :)

Christine said...

Your garden is beautiful! It makes me want to spend the day outside, tending to our flowers. You made some wonderful choices.

Denise said...

What a gorgeous garden! We're still buried in snow and mud here, so I'm longing for some spring beauty!

Mimi said...

I'd also love to attend!

Tracy said...

How beautiful! I have always been so nervous of growing roses. Maybe I could try just one....

Beth said...

All your beautiful pictures make me miss living in Thousand Oaks - just a tiny bit ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh - how I wish I were your friend and could come to CA for tea!

Michelle Halpin said...

Lovely roses...we have about 20 different colors/varieties on our property, and they grow like weeds in this dry, desert heat. I'm going to miss them when we move to TN...roses just don't grow so well in the humid, wet South.

Re: temperements and the comment you left on my blog...there is a great new temperement book out called The Temperement God Gave You by Art and Laraine Bennett...they were friends of our in VA, and the book is really great. Different than most of the older ones I'm familiar with. Just wanted to pass that along! :)

Faith in OR said...

I put gerbera daisies on my front porch every year! Beautiful, yet can withstand a little tugging from the small set. Yes, I'm up for a spot o' tea! Your patio is going to get crowded!

Kristen Laurence said...

Wonderful! There will be music and cakes and fruits and cucumber sandwiches, flowers and sunshine....oh, how fun! Perhaps it's time for a virtual tea party! Hmmm....

And anonymous, please DO come to the party, friend!

Ruth said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen!!!!! I love the yellow roses; that's my next purchase. I'd love to be there too :)

Amy said...

Gorgeous flowers!! Your garden must be heavenly in real life. :)

divinagrace said...

oh so pretty. i also love the new look of your blog, especially the lovely banner.

betty said...

Great post! Beautiful flowers! Beautiful Banner!!! PRECIOUS little TREASURES!!!