Monday, April 16, 2007

Did I say "Little Mouth".....

~
....in that last post? What was I thinking??

This morning I stopped at Home Depot to pick up a garden shovel and a leaf blower. On the way to the cash register I paused for a moment in front of the paint aisle to retrieve something from my purse, when Gianna noticed a man perusing color choices:

In a not-so-reserved manner, she exclaimed, "That man needs a wife."

The gentleman looked our way. Yes, he did hear the remark and no, he did not smile.
~

6 comments:

Jane Ramsey said...

Gianna is very wise for her age! It's a shame the man had no sense of humor. :-)

Dee (MFava@aol.com) said...

I wonder why the gentleman was so grumpy? I thought it was a cute comment.

Angie said...

LOL -- kids kill me!

Cheryl M. said...

I think she's correct....maybe if the man had a wife he would have been smiling....or maybe the man did have a wife who was pestering him to paint "these UGLY taupe walls".....he was there rather angrily trying to find nice colors to satisfy his insistent wife....ha ha ha :) (Can you tell our painting/flooring projects are getting very old and tiring????;)

Ken Wills said...

Our local Home Depot paint department has a sign, "Husbands may not pick colors without a signed note from their wife." Perhaps he did not have his note and didn't want to go home empty handed!

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Last Friday at piano lessons, the older nun who runs the studio offered us several free books. One of them was Pocahontas (the Disney version), and Maria piped up, "Oh, Mommy doesn't like Pocahontas!

"But I do."

Which is worse? Embarrassing the poor Sister?

Or embarrassing the Momma?