Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Marian Statue

I need help from you. I would like to buy a nice Our Lady of Grace statue for the garden, but I haven't been able to find any around here, and it is so hard to know what you're getting when you buy online. Do you have any suggestions or website recommendations? What material would be best - resin, concrete, marble? What finish - white, granite, stone color? Any ideas on size?

Any and all suggestions will be most appreciated. Perhaps it seems silly that I'm asking advice via this blog, but I know many of you already own outdoor statues and/or know of a good place to find one. Thank you!

6 comments:

scmom said...

Kristen,
I have used the Catholic Company for many holy products and have found them to be very reliable (I have no affiliation with them other than as a customer).

Here is a link for outdoor statues:
http://search.catholiccompany.com/search?w=outdoor+statues

My husband purchased my outdoor statues locally, so I have no idea what shipping costs for these.

Good luck. The hardest part may be trying to decide. There are many pretty ones out there!

Mimi said...

I want to order an outside icon for a friend, and I'll be watching this post closely.

Alice said...

We have Our Lady of Grace, although I would love a Fatima or Lourdes statue. This source looks promising:

http://www.discountcatholicstore.com/outdoor_mary.htm

Kristen Laurence said...

Thank you, scmom. I will check your link.

Alice, thank you. I have seen your beautiful statue. Is she concrete or resin, and would you recommend your material? I like the Fatima and Lourdes statues also, but I love the way OLOG's hands are stretched downward so as to bless the flowers beneath her.

Mimi, I hope you will find help here. What a beautiful gift.

stephanie said...

Mine is hand painted concrete purchased locally and I love it.

Lorri said...

Have you found a Mary statue yet? I just got this one and we like it:
http://www.terrysvillage.com/tvweb/application?namespace=browse&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=91/5031&mode=Searching&searchDestinationJSP=/search/searchMain.jsp&erec=0&D=virgin&Ntt=virgin&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&y=0&N=0&x=0

If that link doesn't work, go to www.terrysvillage.com and search for Blessed Virgin.