Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lilies for Joseph

As is custom in our household every year, we brought a bouquet of lilies to St. Joseph on his feast. Saint Michael's Abbey celebrated a beautiful mass in honor of the solemnity, and though we couldn't present our flowers directly to Joseph (his statue is within the sanctuary), a faithful messenger carried them for us.

" Oohh, these are heavy! Would someone help me?"

Father Augustine to the rescue!

~
On another note, our beloved patron certainly did not fail to imprint his hand on our day with yet another blessing. As many of you know I have been praying for another baby, and the first step in the adoption process is the research of agencies. This will be our first experience with a California adoption, and our state is graced with a plethora of agencies to choose from. But last week, the agency I was most interested in sent this in the mail:
~
Adoption Orientation Meeting
March 19, 2007
*******
Domestic Infant Adoption Workshop
March 26, 2007
~
Hmmm.....so the two dates this particular agency chose to host its monthly workshops are the Feast of Saint Joseph and the Feast of the Annunciation. May I ask, what do you think of this? Can I consider it a sign? (Let me just say my heart responds with an emphatic, "Yes!") It would not surprise me in the least that Saint Joseph and his beloved Mary would be with us on the very first steps along our path towards another child.
~
~
~
Addendum: I received some very kind e-mails which seem to call for a minor postscript so as not to worry anyone of the risk of presumption on my part. Let me assure you, my dear readers, that I believe my prayers have been and will be answered whether we are blessed with a baby in a few months, a few years or not at all. And I will be most pleased with whatever outcome is chosen for me.
~
Thank you all for your kind, sweet words!

14 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Awesome, Kristen!

That would be GREAT!

Anonymous said...

I am edified by your faith and trust in this and your last post. May God continue to bless you.

Melissa said...

OH, Kristen, how wonderful!

I, too, am most certainly considering this a "sign"!

Prayers for you and your family on this exciting journey!

Suzanne Temple said...

I do hope so, Kristen.

Cheryl M. said...

Yes indeed, very interesting dates there....many, many prayers for your journey.

Beth said...

Yeah! That would be awesome. We'll pray for you over here in Indiana ;-)

Matilda said...

Oh, Kristen! Your faith and trust awe inspiring! We will keep your intentions in our prayers!

Dee said...

I wish you well, Kristen. We are also beginning our journey toward a third adoption. :)
Dee (www.Xanga.com/GraceatHome)

Marie said...

What a beautiful sign!

I too am considering adoption. After many years of infertility, we've decided to pursue adoption.

Since you have adopted before, can you tell me what one should look into when selecting an adoption agency.

Many Blessing to you. I love your blog.

PortraitofPeter said...

May you be blessed with such happiness.

Thank you for sharing such a deeply moving "journal".

Blessings to you all.

Jennifer said...

We will keep your family in our prayers.

Kristen Laurence said...

Thank you everyone, for your kind words and your prayers for us. They are much appreciated.

Marie, in looking for a good agency I begin by phoning each with three questions, which can be altered for you depending on what kind of adoption you are seeking:

1. How many domestic infants did you place last year?
2. What is your *average* waiting period before a baby is placed in my home?
3. What is the total cost for domestic infant adoption? Does that total include birthmother expenses?

Then I ask that they send me an initial application and further information in the mail.

Please email me if you have more questions. Adoption is wonderful and the result of the process is a precious miracle in your arms. Many blessings to you!

Andrea said...

What a wonderful idea to take lilies for St. Joseph. I love the picture of your girls with your priest, it is so refreshing to see a holy man dressed appropriatly...we see way too many "casual" priests around here.

I will be praying for you that your next adoption process is successful!

Christine said...

You and your family are in our prayers!