Saturday, March 31, 2007

Eve of Holy Week

Words of encouragement as we approach Palm Sunday, the beginning of Passiontide:


....[C]onsider the conduct of Jesus in the presence of His persecutors: we see zeal for their souls, meekness, personal disinterestedness, and total abandonment to God. (Divine Intimacy)

Do not be afraid of anything that you are going to suffer. Indeed, the devil will throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will face tribulation [...]. Remain faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. (Revelation 2:10, from the Vigil of Passion, Magnificat magazine)

As I look back over my Lenten observance, how have I truly died to self in order to live for God in the service of my neighbor? What signs do I see of new life in my daily thoughts and deeds? How has Lent prepared me to live more fully in God's house as a member of his household? (Prayer at Night, Magnificat for Holy Week)


Have a blessed Holy Week, friends!

No comments: