Monday, March 5, 2007

Birthday Friends

Gianna had a wonderful day with the sweetest of friends. This was actually the first real birthday party I've done for her (I know, sad!) and we all enjoyed the day. It was very simple, but I find children are just as pleased with the simple celebrations as the elaborate ones. The adult friends prayed the rosary together while the kids played, and then we all gathered for lunch and cake.

This morning Gianna inquired, "Is it still my birthday?" "No, dear, it isn't." Poor girl. Part of growing up for her will be returning to Lent after her big day!


10 comments:

Erika said...

Kristen, did you make that cake? It is beautiful. I have sadly never been good at decorating.

Mimi said...

I have one whose birthday is sometimes in Lent (late February) and one whose birthday is ALWAYS in Lent (late March).

J.C. said...

Cute cake! What a perfectly girly idea for party favors/hats!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Kristen - what a lovely party - did you make the cake!

Stunning - I'm good at eating cakes - not decorating them! LOL!

Kristen Laurence said...

Hi Ladies, thanks for stopping by. I did make the cake, but it was so easy. A simple chocolate cake with buttercream frosting and filling. It was my first time decorating, and my hands couldn't keep still while piping!

And this is what resulted from an odd request for a purple and green cake! (The main color is supposed to be lavendar, but I should have added one more drop of Violet.)

The gum-paste flowers are not homemade. I picked them up at the local bakers shop!

And Erika, I have seen and tasted your confections. They are ALWAYS beautiful and scrumptious!

Jennifer said...

It looks like a lovely party for a lovely little girl!

Kristen Laurence said...

j.c., that was Gianna's gift to her friends. I gave her the option of a birthday present for herself or one for each of her friends. I was warmed by her choice. :)

(Don't worry, the boys got something too!)

Matilda said...

You did an amazing job on that cake. I can't believe that was your first try!

The flower crowns were a lovely idea. What a great party!

Cay said...

What lovely pictures of such lovely children. :)

Happy belated b-day, little one.

Cay said...

Just read the comments...you did a beautiful job on the cake, Kristen.