1. Aprons – Y/N?
No, but I would if I had this one (top left).
2. Baking – Favorite thing to bake:
Anything that makes the home smell good - cinnamon apple pies, these cookies, and any kind of cake. Yum!
3. Clothesline – Y/N?
No way. I love dryers.
4. Donuts – Have you ever made them?
Yes. But the owner of our local donut shop and his wife are so kind and generous, I can't bear not to patronize them.
5. Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day:
Dishes and making beds.
6. Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
7. Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
Definitely. It gets well used.
8. Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
The lovely Real Learning Ladies and my own brain. I do what works best for me.
9. Ironing – Love it or hate it?
Love it! I iron my jeans, my girls' clothes, and on occasion I iron pillowcases. I love clothes and linens looking clean and crisp, and the satisfaction of accomplishment I feel at the board.
10. Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Yes, in the breakfast nook.
11. Kitchen: Design & Decorating?
Simple/minimalist. I had to learn to place things like tomatoes and herb jars out to make the kitchen look more homey. My first instinct is to put everything out of sight, though I realize more decorative items would add beauty. I don't have a dish rack for this reason, so if it won't fit in the dishwasher, it gets cleaned and put away immediately. Overall the color scheme is warm toned, but if I could redecorate I would do it this way.
12. Love: What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Being with my girls during the day, and my husband in the evening.
13. Mop - Y/N?
I vacuum dry crumbs (I don't own a broom) and clean on my hands and knees.
14. Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I stopped wearing those things as soon as I stopped working. :)
15. Oven - Do you use the window, or open the door to check?
16. Pizza - What do you put on yours?
Mozzerrella, tomatoes, basil and pancetta if I make it at home, but we mostly get take-out.
17. Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Blog, needlepoint and listen to these tapes. (The sets on silence and on charity are wonderful.)
18. Recipe card box - Y/N?
Three ring binder handpainted by my mother.
19. Style of house
20. Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N?
Linen placemats and paper napkins, unless we're expecting guests, then linen napkins.
21. Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
Minimally organized. Not enough "stuff" to be a wasteland.
22. Vacuum - How many times per week?
Four to five.
23. Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
One to two a day.
24. X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off?
Sometimes. Wish I did it more.
25. Yard - Who does what?
My husband does the work - sweeping leaves, weeding, cleaning up outdoor toys. But there's not much yard to care for, and an automatic sprinkler system does the watering. Oh wait, I do prune the rosebushes once a year. I just did that!
26. Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Tucking my girls in at 8:00. After that, the evening is for leisure. :)
I tag the lovely Miss Margaret.