Monday, January 22, 2007

Carrot Top

A few hours after having had a small candle-lit breakfast this morning in honor of the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, I packed a lunch and took the girls to the park. I was not planning on posting any pictures from our outing, until I saw this beautiful redhead. Isn't she glorious?! I have developed a special affinity for redheads since I became the mother of one.




(If you open this last photograph you will
see Madeleine's favorite pastime at the park.)
~
One interesting little fact I've learned about these crimson creatures - they have a "secret society" all their own. (If you are the mother of a red-headed beauty, you know what I'm talking about!) They notice each other in public places, gaze and smile at each other and seem to prefer each other to children of "different colors". And when two toddler red-heads get together, they have a code language all their own!

9 comments:

Michelle Halpin said...

Oh my! She is a beauty!! I LOVE redheads! And I can't believe it's warm enough down in Orange County for that adorable sundress! I'm so jealous!! :)

M

Melissa said...

I, too, was touched by Elizabeth's post yesterday.

These photos of your little redhead are just SO precious! What a beautiful day.

My youngest daughter has reddish hair (it's actually more of a strawberry blonde) and I can't wait to see what it will be like when she's older!

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful little redhead you have - and your weather looks delightful!!

Elizabeth said...

She is so beautiful !
What wonderful photos of a joyous little girl !!

Erika said...

It is very true -- the secret society of redheads. I always thought it was a kind of kinship that arose out of people's reactions to redhair; they assume you mmust be related to every other redhaired person; they question whether you dye your hair; they torment you with "carrots" when you are small :); and any other number of strange things. I didn't know it started that young. I am very interested to see what shade of hair my little girl will have.

Jill said...

Oh, how cute! I love "Anne of Green Gables," and thought red hair gave Anne Shirley so much personality. Your daughter looks to be a spunky little Anne herself!
And my boys enjoy the same pasttime in the park. :)

Kristen Laurence said...

Thank you, ladies.

Erika, I think of you often when I look at Madeleine. I hope your daughter's hair is as glorious as yours!

FloridaWife said...

Hey, I just found you through Rosemary Bogdan's blog.

Cute pictures!!!!

Mimi said...

She's so adorable. If I could choose my haircolor (and the resulting coloring, because it'd not look good on my coloring) I'd be a redhead!