Thursday, December 7, 2006

Life's Companions

Good friends are priceless. Yesterday the girls and I traveled to a dear friend's house for "Rosary Group". It is a group of Catholic, home-schooling (or not) mothers who get together every Wednesday to share friendship, breakfast treats, good discussion and the praying of the rosary together. The children usually play together in a seperate room or outside while we mothers gather to enjoy some adult companionship.

I am so grateful for these women. I love how beautiful it is that God allows us to follow Him in such different ways. I appreciate the many things I learn from these lovely families--the diverse methods we use to educate our children; the distinctive marriages, unlike my own, but equally as beautiful; the different temperaments, struggles, joys and ideas of women all striving for the same eternal goal. I love how every time I depart their company I leave having gained something new, something wonderful, to enrich my daily life just a little bit more.

Thank you, dear friends!

5 comments:

Jill said...

What an awesome group! Is it through your church?
The bond of women is incredible. We learn so much from each other, we embrace each other, we support each other.
And how lucky they are to have you among them.

Kristen Laurence said...

Jill, the group is not through church. We ladies were friends before we had children, and some of us were friends before we even married, from college. Thank you for your kind words.

Jill said...

I wish I could find a group like that. I have a book club I belong to, and a MOMS group, and they are all wonderful women that I enjoy being with. But, it would be nice to have a strong group of praying Catholic women like your's.
I added you to my list of daily blogs. I like reading your thoughts and reflections.

Oh- and that nativity stable is in my husband's home church in Minnesota where we spend Christmas. I wish I owned it, though! It's pretty funny because they have all these stuffed animals in there. You can see that my daughter is holding a hippo :)

Michelle said...

Hi, Kristen! My inlaws and brother in law are in Pasadena; wondering who is part of the this Rosary Group, and if it's open to new members? Sounds like something I could use! ;)

Jen said...

How wonderful. I feel very lucky to have my homeschooling group. I'm fairly new, but have met alot of wonderful mothers and families. I can't wait until my kiddos get older and I can attend things similar to what you do...right now they'd keep coming out fighting and crying..lol!